Guidelines for parents.
After a long school vacation, it’s time to return to the school routine. For many it has been complicated considering that most schools have started the first week of September. However, we are already 2 weeks into school and we should start to get into a fixed routine and schedules.
Many children are still having a hard time going to bed at a reasonable time, getting up to go to school, doing homework, going back to extracurricular activities, therapy sessions… However, with this post we want to transmit CALM and PATIENCE to you first of all. Children need to adapt to their new routine and depending on their age it will be more or less difficult. For this reason, we bring you some ideas on how to re-organize your entry into the new school year.
- Involve the child in his return to the routine. Create fun schedules with them through crafts or Tics. Invite them to select a special day of the week to spend more creative time because they are used to being with you a lot.
- Try to establish stable sleep routines. Same time to go to bed and get up. Being able to vary a bit on the weekend, but never at the same rate as during the summer.
- Restore balanced and healthy eating, if we have lost habits during the holidays.
- Re-establish schedules for the use of new technologies, tablets, mobile phones, game consoles, television… It is good that this process is gradual, especially in cases where there have been no limits during the summer.
- Re-establish healthy habits such as regular physical exercise either through extracurricular activities or go for a walk, run, ride a bike…
Cheer up families! In a short time, EVERYONE and BOTH, adults and children, will return to the routine of the school year.
ESPAI TAU KIDS TEAM